Boo! Horror stories

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by katie ta achoo, Oct 26, 2005.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I did a little searchy doo and nothing showed up for Horror stories! Only dead HDs and broken Macs! As scary as that is, we need somethin' kinda spooky for Halloween.

...So, I thought it'd be fun to start a little horror story thread.

Write one of your own, post your fav, discuss, etc.

If I have time, I'll take the best one, film it with a one-woman crew and cast (myself) and premiere it on halloween.

Just seems like a fun little thing to do...
    turn off the lights, get some popcorn (and an iSkin so you don't dirty up your KB), and read some scary stories.

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

one time... back in the early 90's... when it was hard to find software for apples... my mother bought...

AN IBM APTIVA!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(it was scary, trust me... thank goodness it's over...)

3. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

I think that one made me cry a little.
    that was scary.

but alas, I cannot act this out in my one-woman movie.

:p

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm having a complete nightmare at work at this very instant... job due to press RIGHT NOW, am waiting for sponsor to send new press-quality logo with added strapline to me to drop into artwork... it's 5:20pm.

They sent one 10 mins ago -- a lovely 72ppi one from the website. :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

Eff em all -- bloody effing scum-sucking low-life incompetent bastards.

5. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Sweet mercy...

6. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

oh noes oh noes nonononono

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Most of the horror stories I know are ones that I heard as a little kid, usually told around a campfire (yes, I know, very Norman Rockwell).

The one that always comes to mind first, I guess, is "The Golden Arm" (it's on the lower half of the linked page). I remember my Dad telling this one to my brother and me when we were little and scaring the crap out of us.

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone ask about using a tv quality image in press I would scream

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You have my sympathies. And of course, any complaint about the unusability of such images is usually met with the response...
    :mad:

10. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Ok, so this was about a month ago...

I am a counselor for the Jr High youth group at my church. About a month ago we had a retreat up in the mountains. On Saturday night, we ended up around the campfire, like you do, and the subject of scary stories was brought up. After several sad attempts by the kids to tell scary stories (apparently they're mis-informed as to the definition of scary), I got this idea in my head.

At the beginning of this story the kids were spread out in a giant circle around the campfire, but slowly, during the course of the story, they all moved around to the same part of the circle, and just happened to surround the two "den-mother" counselors.

The story I told? The Blair Witch Project.

Totally narrated what I remembered about the movie from however many years ago it was in the theaters. Not one of them knew the story or where it was from, and I didn't tell 'em. Freaked out the kids for the rest of the night. They were all extra-twitchy until morning.

11. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

I heard this story once about a girl who was taking a shower, and she thought she heard someone at the door, so she got out, dripping wet, and couldn't find a towel so she...

:D

Can't blame me for tryin'!:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

12. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Last night I read the scariest comic book I ever encountered - The Lords Of Misrule

[​IMG]

....dadadadaaaaaaa :eek: :eek: :eek:

It forced me to read something more cheerfull afterwards.

A