Boobs for Bourbon St.!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sethypoo, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Site has since been taken down, as of 10-31-06. I'm not sure how much was raised, but it it was probably quite a lot. Does anyone know?

I go to college at Humboldt State University in Arcata, CA. Here's we're pretty "open minded," you could say.

That being said, a HSU student created a website to help benefit the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. It's called www.BoobsForBourbonSt.com

The idea is, donate to one of five or six charities, send the confirmation number you get from the charity to BoobsForBourbonSt.'s owners, and they'll send you a username and password for their site!

So far, they have raised over $24,000!!!!! Not only can you donate money, but you can even send in pictures of your chest! Girls and guys are welcome to do so.

Check it out at BoobsForBourbonSt.com

What's more, the guy who created Spongebob Squarepants graduated from HSU with a degree in marine biology. Go figure!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That is quite interesting... If I had source of income right now, I'd join in an instant! OT but, my boyfriend and I just went up to Humboldt (ok, not really 'just' it was in August) and we were lucky enough to go to Sierra Nevada. LOVE LOVE LOVE the restaurant and the gift shop! And somebody had previously told me that everybody upstate was racist and well, hicks, but no... everybody we met and encountered were incredibly sweet and helpful. I love how all the servers always ask, "Anything I can get you drink besides water?"

3. Studawg7 macrumors regular

wow congrats on the total so far! definitely one of the more unique ways of raising money.

4. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I've heard about Humboldt - but it had nothing to do with gift shops, or restaurants.
    Glad you had a good time though.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Lemme guess, what you've heard has to do w/ organic forms of 'entertainment,' right? :p Truth be told, we were actually up there for a track day at Thunderhill Raceway and we drove a bit out of our way to get to Sierra Nevada because well, Thunderhill area is a good deal closer to Humboldt than where we live so we might as well have trekked a little further, ya know?

6. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

We seem to get that reputation wherever we go. Truth be told, most of us don't like being associated with "that." These days, it's a very small population of irresponsible people who still use.

7. Merf macrumors regular

Crazy man I live in Arcata as well. Never heard of the website though. Pretty cool.

MErf

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

has anyone joined? is it worth 5 bucks? hahah

an interesting idea for sure

a few weeks ago there was a posting on craigslist to have a topless dancing night for katrina relief basically. seemed sketchy, but still not a horrible idea. people like nudity, people will pay to see it, and the money is needed, so why not put the two together.

9. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm joining soon. Some of my friends say it's very, very worth it. ;) :)

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Well, if you're going to spend money on pr0n you might as well benefit charity while doing it.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I joined. Not for the pictures, not even sure I'll look at them ;). But it's for a good cause, of course. That's why I did it. Not for the pictures. The cause. Of course.

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

since you didn't join for the pictures, send me your login!

13. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

C - l - e - v - e - r.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.