Book Book for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JetBlack7, Jul 26, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

2. macrumors 68040

That's pretty cool. And honestly, I'd say it is worth the price *shrug*.

Only reason I'm not more interested myself is I game on my iphone and that looks like it would be awkward to use my phone to play a game.

3. JetBlack7, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

thread starter macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

Exactly the same as me ;)

You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.

4. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I'm wondering what the thickness is like. It looks to be about double the iPhone when you put a few cards in there. I like only having one 'thing' to carry but I'm not sure how that would sit/look in a front pocked (and likely wouldn't go in a back pocket because you wouldn't want to sit on your phone).

As for de-magnetizing, my phone and credit cards have been next to each other in a pocket numerous times and nothing happened. I think Mythbusters did a show on that as well and concluded it was very difficult to accidently de-mag those cards... I'm sure it's happened to people though, you definitely hear about it enough. Who knows.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

Gonna look it up on youtube then ;)

6. macrumors member

I want one:)

7. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook :)
    For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
    It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though :)

8. macrumors 6502

kfergiez

The only way you can demag a credit card is to expose it to a powerful electromagnet with alternating current.... A single pole magnet won't demagnetize a card.

9. macrumors member

Does this case interfere when using the phone to take/make calls?

10. macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.

11. macrumors regular

I just ordered one. I should have it Friday. I'll let you know how it is.

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

I surrendered and bought one too. I'll have to wait till next week since I live in Portugal it's gonna take some time :(

13. macrumors 6502

I really like Twelve South products, but I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.

14. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Not really no. There's of course the matter of flipping back the front cover and because it's designed like a hardback cover book, you won't be able to lay the front cover flat against te back. Still though, once you get used to it it's nothing. There's also letting the leather "break-in".

Actually it doesn't look stupid. Once you flip it open the book-look isn't there.

Still, for those who aren't used to flip style cases, the BookBook will take even more getting used to. I suggest hitting your Apple Store to try one out if you're hesitant.

I should also mention that if you use you camera a lot then unfortunately this isn't the case for you.

15. macrumors 6502a

Just ordered this. Can't wait. Just hoping it fits well with the next iPhone. But I doubt it.

16. macrumors 6502

That is one unique case! Looks really well made.

17. macrumors 604

mcdj

Losing your phone…inconvenient.
    Losing your wallet…maddening.
    Losing your phone AND your wallet…disasterous.

18. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Can you measure the thickness/let me know how many cards have in it? Also wondering what the thickness is if you were to apply pressure (like having it in your pocket? I'm on the fence. I love the idea of one item for my wallet/phone but usually avoid using cases.

19. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Just shy under 2mm with 3 cards.

20. macrumors 68000

Daremo

One less thing to carry... Man, I LOVE this case. My issues, I use my phone in a dock in the car all the time, and why oh why didn't they add a camera hole?

Still... I may need to get this!

21. macrumors 68000

fishmd

So they are selling these in the brick and mortar Apple stores?

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

Only online sales.

23. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ordered one... and a case for the iPad as well

24. macrumors 68020

So instead of a home boy robbing your phone, they've got your wallet as well. I'd like to see this product have a writing pad for scrawling notes real fast. Then, they can be entered properly later on.

25. macrumors member

You can look at it from this point of view as well, using Find my iPhone, you can now find your wallet as well!

I ordered one and it should be here today. I think it's going to be awesome.