Book Cover: Critique Please!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by bntz313, Jul 26, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Here is a Book cover I'm doing for a friend. I'm going to layout the whole thing, let me know what you think of it.

[​IMG]

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't get the circles. The rest is really appealing to me. The circles are just plain out of place imho.

3. macrumors 6502

I'll post another one tomorrow without the circles.

4. macrumors 65816

fluidedge

It's nice.

I think white on grey would look as nice as black on grey.

5. macrumors newbie

I personally like the circles.

'The Underground Artists of Detriot' seems really disconnected to the Detroit to me, though.

6. macrumors 6502a

"The underground Artists" is too disconnected from the rest of it. Maybe make it a bit bigger and move it down a little? Otherwise I like it.

7. macrumors 68040

decksnap

Am I having a senior moment or is the apostrophe on the word 'artists' completely unnecessary?

Also, even if it was, you'd want to hang it out and align the e, d, s and f better.

8. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

It's a nice start. If I was doing it, I'd add a little light texture to the gray space.

Not only unnecessary, but completely incorrect. Good catch.

9. macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Here's a what if...

• Get rid of the circles.
    • Make a black bar that's a little bit taller than the word "Detroit" and the full width of the cityscape, place it at the bottom of the cityscape.
    • Move the drips to the bottom of the black bar.
    • Reverse "Detroit" out of the black bar, centered top to bottom and flush right.
    • Move "The Underground Artists of" to the left of "Detroit" also reversed out of the black bar and flush right to the left side of "Detroit".
    • Change the typeface on the byline to something sanserif and a bit bolder to give it some weight and importance on the gray background.

10. macrumors regular

no.1 Apple Fan

Maybe remove the "By" and make your friends name larger and centered across the bottom.