Book in iPhoto didn't save, lost Wedding Album Text

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jessearl, May 15, 2005.

1. jessearl macrumors member

Mar 7, 2005
    My wife and mother were building our wedding album in iPhoto on the Mac Mini I bought for my parents about a month ago.

After finishing the album, they selected "Buy Book," but the album transfer started halted, and after a few minutes and nothing happened, I said, we should close the program and restart it and then try to purchase and send the book again.

When closing iPhoto normally, no prompt came up to save the book or not, and when I reopened iPhoto for them and selected "Buy Book" again, the program popped up a prompt that there was still default text within the book.

We then looked and realized that all of the additional text that was placed in the album had disappeared. Hours of work down the drain.

How did this happen and why is there no way to select to save a Book from File > Save while it is in progress?
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The album transfer always looks like it's stopped but it probably hasn't. Those files can be really big 30MB+ and iPhoto isn't great at telling you that it's still uploading.

I'm surprised that the text disappeared. There isn't a 'save book' in iPhoto since it usually just remembers changes as you go along until you close it.
    You can save the Preview PDF that it produces - it might still be hanging around on your System if you look.

Incidentally, you might want to have a look on the Apple iPhoto discussions board before you place the order for a book. They have some tips on amending the preferences file for iPhoto to print your book at a higher resolution and get better results.