book writing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jonknox, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Jonknox macrumors member

is there an application that has the ability of a preset for the average paper size of books and various sizes to so when I type how much will fit that page with my font it will go to the next page instead of using regualr paper dimensions.so basically id like to set my dimensions to about the size of the paper in the paperback version of wicked a great size for a book if you know of it.

please help, thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is manually changing the size of your paper in Word too messy? Sorry, but that's the easiest solution I can come up with ATM. :)

3. Jonknox thread starter macrumors member

how do you do this in works?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

AppleWorks or Pages?

For Word, it's done through page set up (select custom paper size) and I imagine it's similar for those two apps also. :)

5. Jonknox thread starter macrumors member

how do you change page size in apple works?

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Page setup and then, format > document. I guess.

7. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I do this occasionally. I don't know the book you mentioned, but what works for me is just to setup your word processor for two columns on 8.5x11 paper with landscape orientation. Then set the option for "booklet" form or wtfever and it'll print out the pages in such a way that you can just staple the centers (with a 90˚ stapler) and fold them. You should only do groups of 25-30 pages like this, depending on paper weight... but anyway, you fold them flat, cut the edges to even with one of those big slicer things, and you're pretty much golden. With some more work you can even make a binding.

Or you can just take a Word document to a public or school library and have them bind it for you for about $15. Most of them are used to this because of the numbers of master's/doctoral theses scampering through. This is by far the better solution.

8. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

It's File > Page Setup > Paper Size