Bookmark transfer Q's

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iPhil, Feb 12, 2006.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

As you know that Microsoft isn't supporting IE on the mac now<< (1/31/06)

Is there a easy way to transfer IE bookmarks into Safari?? :confused: :confused:

I wanna know a solution to this before i screw up the bookmark transfer, and

i know the routine of backup..

I'm going from X.3.9 ( i think) to Current OS update on my uncle's iMac G4 1.25 Ghz system (Usb 2.0) .. I'll be leaving my Mac in about 13hrs to do the upgrade for him ..

So the Bookmark transfer problem has bugging me all day trying to figure it out myself :eek: :eek:

So please help me out before i screw-up my uncle's 'Net bookmarks :( :(

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, here's an article about importing bookmarks using Safari 1.0 however the process was simplified in Safari 2.0 according to this. The first article tells you where to find Explorer bookmarks. :)

3. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

Thanks Mad for the apple articles ...

In IE i export the bookmarks as a file or is "bookmark" file in ~/library/IE like having a .plist of bookmarks in Safari ?? :confused: :confused:

If you dont understand typing its because i'm SLEEPY .. I woke up and started responding to the threads i've answered to

:eek: :p :eek:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd export the favourites from Explorer by selecting Favourites from the Window menu and then Export Favourites from the File menu. It should give you an HTML file. :)

5. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

Bookmark transfer is done

Thanks Mad for the quick answers :eek: :eek:

But i still had scary moments @ times but i came thru fairly well :eek:

The 'scary' moments were on emails in mail app from X.3 to Tiger :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rest of install was fairly non-eventful