Bookmarks: IE -> Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nichos, Mar 10, 2005.

1. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

I'm sure this has been answered, but I haven't been able to find it - alot of Firefox and safari bookmark threads.
    What I'm looking for is a way to get that window in safari that comes up the first time you run it - it asks if you'd like to import IE bookmarks. Or, is there a better way?
    Trying to get our users to ditch IE:)
    Thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Safari Enhancer

3. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

I got this from Safari's help section:

At this time, you cannot import bookmarks from other web browsers into Safari. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your Bookmarks Library.

Not so convenient, but....

4. nichos thread starter macrumors 6502

nichos

Yeah, that's what I had been doing, and for some reason, if i have the favorites window open, and try to drag, it takes the ending url as the title, for example:
    http://www.macrumors.com/index.html
    will print "index.html" as the title, and not Mac rumors. I'll have to check out that software for enhancer. thanks for the responses. :D

5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

delete safari, and reinstall it and it will be in the favorites. then drag them to the appropriate spot. thats the easiest way i found.