Bookmarks keeps crashing Safari 1.3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by raincoat, Apr 22, 2005.

1. raincoat macrumors member

raincoat

Ever since 10.3.9 and so Safari 1.3 have been installed i have had large problems with Safari. For a start all of the standard bookmarks have been put back onto my bookmarks bar. When i tried to delete any of them, Safari quits. Also does the same if i try to click to view all bookmarks whatever route i take. I have installed the java update, security update and checked in terminal and java is not segmented: i get:

java version "1.4.2_05"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.4)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

Anyone else had the same problem? what's the fix?

2. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Yeh i am getting the same issue and posted a few days ago. My Safari crashes everytime i drag bookmarks out of the bar or if i click the bookmark button, every single time.
    No idea about fixing it, tbh i don't mind because i might as well just wait till i get Tiger on friday or earlier and start using Safari 2, hopefully the issue does not continue.
    But if anyone has manged to fix this please tell

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Just tested and does not crash for me for either of the issues stated above.

4. raincoat thread starter macrumors member

raincoat

return to Safari 1.2

I took my powerbook into the newly opened Apple Store in The Bullring in Birmingham and a Mac Genius spent two hours on it, called apple and still could not resolve the problem within Safari 1.3 so he put me back a version to Safari 1.2 and all is working fine. I was kinda hopin to get a free upgrade to Safari 2 given that the problem could not be fixed!!! Oh well, such is life, i will have to wait untill i can afford to pay the £60 from the Edu Store for Tiger. :)