bookmarks>>>Safari to Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eclipse525, May 15, 2005.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Real simple...

How do I import bookmarks from sarfari to firefox? I'm sure it's something so simple. Thanks for any help.

~e

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Tiger/Safari 2.0: File -> Export Bookmarks...

Panther/Safari 1.x: Enable debug menu (open terminal and type defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeDebugMenu 1), Debug -> Export Bookmarks...

Then in Firefox: Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, then File -> Import...

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....another question that gets asked every week or so. An easy way to export to not only Firefox but to any other browser is to go to Version Tracker and search for a pgm called "Safari Bookmark Exporter" - it not only analyzes your Safari bookmarks and exports them into proper format for every other Mac browser but it also puts the resulting bookmark file in the proper location for the other browser to find it....and it is free too.....oh yeah!

4. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I actually wound up enabling the Debug menu in Sarfari with Tinkertools. Then Exported the bookmarks. I then opened the Manage Bookmarks in Firefox and imported the file. Worked like a charm. Had to do some organizing but it was no biggie.

Thaks for the suggestions!

~e

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just exported from Safari and imported in Firefox, and it was so easy I couldn't believe I had read people asking about it on this board before I had tried it myself.

Maybe it was because I exported from Safari and imported the bookmarks to the Windows version of Firefox. :confused:

6. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I just imported my bookmarks a couple minutes before reading this thread. It's not hard, but I don't quite understand the Firefox bookmark manager.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is there a specific thing you are trying to do, and cannot? It is a little confusing at times, but I have gotten everything I need from it.