Books about OSX?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lord Blackadder, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I need to buy a couple books about Mac OS X for some co-workers who are being forced to use Macs (new ones I'd love to own) against their will. I'm leaning towards the "Mac OS X Bible" and Davis Pogue's "Mac OS X: the missing Manual".

Any others I should consider? I need one book that is very basic and introductory and then another that is suitable for a computer savvy user (Windows and OS 9) who will pick up the basics quick but could use a book detailing all the fetaures.

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I haven't used this book before but I've used other Visual QuickStart Guides and I've found them very useful.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello, Davis Pogue's "Mac OS X: the missing Manual" is a great book for them to learn from.:)

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I came very close to buying Learning Unix for Mac OS X Panther, but as I reached $100 way before I thought I had to let this one go... :( ;)

Most O'Reilly books are quite good...

5. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Hmm, interesting stuff. Maybe I'll buy them all, since I'm spending company cash. :D