Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I have my first apple computer coming Thursday(macbook core 2 duo 2.0). I know nothing about apple or osx other then what I have seen in the key notes etc. My question is there any books or video courses etc that would be good for someone new to mac.

macit

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2006
Austin, TX
it's really painstakingly simple :D unless you want to be a total pro in iMovie or iPhoto from the second you turn on the computer than you might want to check something out (but really, you probably won't need it)

if your a long time windows user the biggest thing you have to get used to is clicking in the top left instead of the bottom left..... :p

really, this isn't going ot hurt a bit.... :)

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
David Pogue has written some excellent books on OSX and the iLife app.s. If you are an experienced Windows user "Switching to the Mac" is good. Otherwise "OSX: the Missing Manual".

Enjoy.

simontarr

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
England
The best thing to do when you get it, is just to sit down and explore OS X. You'll learn loads more by actually doing it & it's more fun as well (IMO) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.