Books for iPad 3 iBooks Kindle App

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BloombergTrader, Mar 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 26, 2012
    How is the best way to get books on the iPad 3?

Use iBooks or Kindle, or both?

2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Depends on where you want your library to be. For my paid books, I use Kindle app. For books I already had open-source epub copies of, I use iBooks. iBooks is generally my go-to reader, but I keep all my paid books on one library (Kindle).

I've also noticed that sometimes the Kindle versions are $1 cheaper than the iBooks version. I still prefer the iBooks app to the Kindle app (I think it syncs better), but I use both on a daily basis.
  3. macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2008
    They are equally strong as apps.
    iBooks is more native to the os.
    As far as content goes, I would never purchase a book from iTunes because of the price fixing Stevie initiated.
    I basically use iBooks for PDFs and ePubs that I side load.
    Kindle is awesome if you have Kindle content.
    It will synch with all your other Kindle devices.
  4. macrumors member

Mar 7, 2008
    i HAVE The new ipad as well
    i havent been able to add my personal collection of epub books to ibooks it crashes itunes every time .
    purchased books from ibooks store works only

are their any other good epub book reader apps for the new ipad
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2011
    I use a combination of iBooks for free epubs and Kindle for paid. I have some books from the iBookstore but not very many. Overall, it's been seamless in terms of reading experience. If you're reading PDFs, I would say try Quickoffice or PDFExpert since they load faster.
  6. macrumors 601

Sep 15, 2011
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Same as the two users above: iBooks for free/PD ePubs, PDFs, and all of our paid content is from Amazon, so we use the Kindle app.

The PD ePub search app I use can actually load the download into iBooks or Kindle, so I suppose I could centralize into the Kindle app.
  7. macrumors 68020

Nov 3, 2008
    I would prefer to be an iBooks person but in the end I have to follow selection, prices and versatility (no iBooks app for OSX).
  8. macrumors 6502

Jun 8, 2010
    I use ibooks, kindle and nook app. They all work fine on the ipad. Sometimes i get gift certificates at my work for barnes and noble, sell stuff to amazon market place and use that for books, use ibooks mostly for pdf reading.

Just saying in todays online world, no reason not to use all.. Sometimes can save good money if watch for deals at all the sites.
  9. macrumors member

May 14, 2010
    I use the iBooks, Kindle, and Nook apps, also. I prefer the look of iBooks, but sometimes there are books you can't get there. It doesn't matter to me if my purchases are in different apps. I'd rather have them all in iBooks, but it just doesn't always work out.