Booq Bags

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by brianjmarshall@, Feb 18, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

How many of you have had experience with these guys? I vaguely remember hearing about them, but I really have no idea what to expect. I'm looking at this for the Air...

http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.293/.f?sc=2&category=1868

Does anybody have any insight into these bags? High quality, nice looking, durable?

I wish there was a way to go touch one and check it out before I spent so much on it!

Thanks everyone!

-Brian J. Marshall

2. macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

I've used their sleeves a couple of times. I had one for my 15' powerbook and have one now for my macbook. They are nice. A little expense, but nice. They hold up very well.

3. macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I have only heard great things about them. Bag looks incredible as well.

4. macrumors 604

clayj

The Vyper sleeves are very, very nice. Booq told me a little while back they are shooting for a mid-April release of an MBA-specific sleeve (the current Vyper XS2 model works, but the MBA kinda rattles around inside).

5. macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I have a Folee XS for my 12" PowerBook and recently ordered a Folee 2M for my new MacBook.

The bags are very nice. The XS is the best bag, but it's since been discontinued. Unfortunately, it's a very, very tight fit for the 13" MacBook to fit into the XS's slot. (I wouldn't recommend buying the XS for a 13" MacBook/MBA.)

The 2M has a lot of places to store stuff -- books, magazines, adapters, DVD's/CD's, etc.

The laptop itself is protected by a hard shelled compartment. Booq Bags really are nice!

6. macrumors regular

I need a little more space, so I order this one. It should be here tomorrow, I will post pictures when it arrives.

7. macrumors member

Ugh, that's not very pretty. Is it better in person?

I was thinking of the Boa Slimcase S90...
    http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.291/.f?sc=13&category=-113

...until Knomo comes out with something small enough for the Air (I have a one of their Finne messenger bags for my MacBook Pro, but the Air rattles around way too much in there).

8. macrumors regular

More function over form, but it looks pretty good to me. It has plenty of space for all my stuff. Here is a youtube video of it in action. click here

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

One more for you all in the bag category... Anyone have experience with BE.EZ?

I was looking at this bag for another notebook, as well as the air in a sleeve, and it looks so stylin'. Thanks again for everyone's help!

http://www.be-ez.com/prod_levertigoG.html

10. macrumors newbie

I bought my bag from http://www.studioleung.com/ wich in my opinion is the best looking macbook air bag out there. they only make 50 though and shipping will be in firt week of april

11. macrumors regular

the booq bags are nice.... its just im kinda looking for a thin one like the leung but only with more storage

12. macrumors 6502

XS too tight for Air?

I found the Folee XS and just bought it from an online store in Canada.
    Will the MB Air fit???

Thanks.

13. macrumors 65816

I believe Booq is supposed to have a MBA specific bag end of April/ beginning of May. This could just be a rumor, though...

14. macrumors 6502

If they do, this new Folee XS may go up for resale very soon! LOL

15. macrumors newbie

16. macrumors 6502

30 min after ordering the Booq Foley XS, the emailed me that they were out of them!

17. macrumors 6502

I see on their site that a few bags are backordered until 5/15 or so. I hope the have a true AIR bag soon. These others just work as they are rally made for a bigger laptop, not ideal!

18. PDE
    macrumors 68020

Booq bags are wonderful. I have had a vyper sleeve for a while for my MBP and recently got a Boa XM backpack that is simply amazing quality. Very expensive, but I think worth it.

19. macrumors regular

aussieinrome

20. macrumors member

starck bag

Hey AussieinRome, would you mind posting some pictures of your bag? Did you purchase it online, or at a physical store? The bag looks great, I just can't get much information about it online. Thanks!
    -Louis

21. macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

22. macrumors regular

aussieinrome

Mine is the Yap! Hehehe, kind of an Ikea ring to the name...

23. macrumors 6502

BOOQ, still too big!

OK, they arrived as promised. Very nice quality - still way to big for the MB Air!!! :(

There is at least 3 inches on the top of the bag that should be cut off. Then I'd like the bag much better.

If they come out with something just wide and high enough for the AIR, the laptop portion just deep enough for the AIR (this bag fits a 13" MacBook, so the laptop section is 1+" deep), and the whole bag thick enough to carry the charger, wallet, keys, :apple: Airport Express, Pen, pad, and other odds and ends - I will sell this and get something a bit more custom for the AIR.

The iPhone add on bag (venom pulse) is not that nice. Needed to have "ports" cut into it so as to hear the iPhone ring better. Should have a "slit" in it for the iPhone headphones to be able to be used while in this holder. This holder straps onto the Laptop bag's shoulder strap with some velcro, but does not feel that secure.

All in all, I would give the setup a 7 out of 10. :)