Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gopherhockey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I want a small bag to fit my iPad AND 11" macbook air. I saw this and wondered if anyone has tested it with the 11 MBA:

http://www.booqbags.com/All-Products/Cobra-laptop-bags/Cobra-courier-XS-iPad-bag

It appears the MBA might stick up out of the bag maybe 2" but the velcrow could still attach.

Curious if anyone has tried the bag. Most bags are 13" or bigger, I want something small to use between office and home.

gopherhockey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Answering my own question... yes and no. Bag doesn't fit the 11" MBA well, but it does fit and allows the velcro to close.

I'm actually going to use it. It fits the 11" MBA and the iPad in the same bag along with power cords etc. I wouldn't use this for a lot of airline travel, but to and from work it will do the job - better than bags that are much larger built for the 15-17" full sized macbook pro.

It breaks my heart that they couldn't make the same bag with just 2-3" more material. Maybe I need to find someone who can sew that could modify the bag for me.

Here is a terrible photo, but it shows the 11" MBA sticking out the top of the bag.

pJee.photo.JPG

And here is what the bag looks like (wife says its one of the more manly "manbags" if there is such a thing)

PZoW.Screen%20shot%202011-01-23%20at%204.08.34%20PM.png

speedyraf

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
We bought the XS Timbuk2 Quickie Laptop Sleeve and it fits the 11" MBA perfectly. There are two outside covered pockets for the power cord and mouse. Our local Microcenter store had it in stock.

BSBENT

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
Hey gopherhockey can you post up a few more pics of the Booq XS bag. I'm trying to decide if this bag will work for me.

BobbyCarbn

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
I would love a (small) version of this that is designed for the MBA 11.6! I have two other booq backpacks and love them both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.