Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
If big is what you need, check out http://www.tombihn.com. The Brain Bag. Swallows a MBP sideways, leaving room for a few large textbooks and accessories. And other stuff. Assuming your back can handle all that.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
JAT said:
If big is what you need, check out http://www.tombihn.com. The Brain Bag. Swallows a MBP sideways, leaving room for a few large textbooks and accessories. And other stuff. Assuming your back can handle all that.

Oh I like that one alot! Hey thanks! I had my eye on that Axio and the Brenthaven. Maybe this one will work better though

I was for sure getting the Hard shelled Axio Sleeve... Now I don't know either... These bags you should me have clips in side so that their sleeves are held, I wonder which is better.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I really like the Brain Bag/Brain Cell combo. I used it for a weekend conference the first week I got it, which was just a couple months ago. Had the Macbook, a couple large books, several MP3 player/recorders, accessories for the electronics, DSLR camera, and other stuff in there.

If longer-term user reports mean anything, this bag will probably outlast most everything inside it. Very well constructed. Their accessories are expensive, though. I have another $100 of stuff I want to buy from them. The $50 Brain Cell sleeve can be used on its own, though, unlike most sleeves. Nice if you don't need everything else occasionally. This was what actually drew me to Tom Bihn, and I ended up getting the backpack, too.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Hi thanks for the pics I was pretty much ready to buy the brenthaven duo but now I'm thinking otherwise. The website says the laptop compartment has a rigid frame, how "rigid" is it? Does it have a hard side insert like the brenthavens, in case your were to hit the part where you put your back onto the edge of something? Is the bottom hard and padded enough to protect the laptop if it is set down hard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.