Booq Powersleeve advice for 15" PBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by swiftaw, Feb 1, 2005.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I have just ordered a 15" powerbook and I am looking to get a Booq Powersleeve to carry it in. According to their website both the Powersleeve14 and Powersleeve15 are suitable for the 15" Powerbook with the Powerbook14 obviously providing a tighter fit.

Just wonder if anyone has either the Powersleeve14 or Powersleeve15 for their 15" PBook and what they think.

2. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Just bought my wife a 14" iBook and was looking for a sleeve and found the Booq Vyper L. It says it's for a 14" iBook or a 15" laptop. Well, I ordered it and it got here quick. Have to say that I'm a little dissapointed. The outside looks good and seems sturdy, read stiff and or hard. The problem I have is that there is no "cushy" stuff on the inside. Maybe this would matter so much if the sleeve fit the iBook "like a glove" as they advertise their 15" PB sleeve. At any rate, it'll work for now. Will probably be buying a bag shortly so there will be more protection. FYI, if you're looking for a mouse for your PB try the BenQ M310. It's rf not BT but boy is it slick! Did I mention inexpensive too? I think it was ~$40. Do a search for reviews I guarentee they will be great. Cheers

3. efoto macrumors 68030

I have read on other forums that the PowerSleeve15 is too large for a "snug" fit on the 15" PB. Most people recommend getting the PowerSleeve14 for use with either the 14"iBook or 15"PBook.

I just ordered a PowerSleeve12 for my new baby which is on her way. I wanted the Vyper but those were back-ordered for sooooo long. I hope these bags are nice....they seem to be and have been getting good customer reviews *fingers crossed*