Booq Vyper powerbook sleeve - sucks!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by plasticparadox, Nov 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Bought the Booq Vyper for my new 15" PB on some recommendations from this forum. It is pure garbage! It's completely misshapen, is too tight for the PB (especially at the corners, where it's very difficult to work the zipper), and little threads are starting to unravel from the seams.

Any good experiences with Booq out there?

2. macrumors member

[​IMG]

this is what i got, that exact set up, actually. i love it to death, so if you're looking to go with a new sleeve...check out www.mac-case.com

good luck.

3. Lau

Hmm, when I first saw this I thought it looked great, but I had heard a few slightly shoddy things about it like you mention. It's a shame, because it would be a great sleeve if it worked.

4. macrumors 68000

Bern

I have never seen a Vyper so badly shaped before, it looks like someone sat on it. I would send it back for an exchange or refund. Those things are semi rigid and should not be like that at all.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Mine works great for me. Had it for almost a year and love it.

Guess it depends on one's personal taste.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure taste has too much to do with it, unless yours looks like mine. ;)

8. macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Mine looks just like the picture Bern posted. But I see your point. :D I would be upset, too, if mine was not working the way I wanted.

How long did you have yours? Can you send it back for a refund?

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had mine for about a week. Wanted to see if it would fix itself after I used it a few times. I can't return it, as I don't live anywhere near to the US, and return postage would cost about the same as the case itself.

10. macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

Man, that really sucks. If you're looking for something new, I really love my foofbag, but then again the bad always goes in my backpack and doesn't offer the same amount of protection as that case looks like it should.

Would the company seriously make you pay shipping to return the damaged item they sent you? That sounds ridiculous! You should call them up and demand free shipping, and either you money back or a new sleeve. Don't put up with that crap!

11. macrumors 65816

Seasought

12. macrumors member

Egads

Jesus God, that is one f***ed up Vyper. I take mine to school in a crowded backpack every day, and it think it's great. Something definitely happened to yours. Talk to Booq, I'm sure they'd be very obliging.
    [EDIT] Whoops, I should have RTFT. That's a real shame. These things seem to be sort of hit or miss, which I thought went out of fashion when the interchangeable parts system came into prominence three centuries ago.

13. macrumors member

I like mine. Fits perfectly. Methinks you just got screwed :-/

14. macrumors regular

I started using a vyper once my powerbook got dented and I have to replace both the bottom and top assembly.But, unlike yours my vyper is great, and looks just like photo'son booq's site. My guess is something went wrongduring the molding process. Just return and get good one, you won't regret it.

15. macrumors 604

clayj

I concur. Mine was tight at the corners the first few times I zipped/unzipped it, but now it's just fine. Great case, in my opinion.

16. macrumors 6502a

amin

I too have had a good overall experience with this case.

17. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have a Booq BP 3 backpack and I love it. Its very comfortable, it was well worth the investment.

18. macrumors member

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

Definitely the right one. The PB is widescreen, where the iBook isn't. It's not just a size difference, the shape is completely different so I would know. 15" PB is the M size, btw.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

I contacted Booq:

Booq is being really cool about it. I didn't buy it off of Booqbags.com, I got it from a local distributor over here who charges for delivery, even on refunds.

I think I'll ask them to ship me a new one. Thanks all.

21. macrumors 6502a

jalagl

22. macrumors member

Yikes...I was looking to get one as well. Are there other similarly designed cases out there? I wanted something with a fairly rigid outershell since I'm planning to put it in an unpadded, regular (read: not designed for laptop storage) backpack.

23. macrumors 6502

Wow.. thats good.
    Hope it works out

24. macrumors member

I ordered a Booq M last week and should be delievered Nov 21.
    I'll put my 2 cents in when I get mine.

I ordred mine from Amazon.com and Amazon has great return policies.

25. macrumors member

That case looks heat damaged or something. Better send it back if you can.

If all you need is a sleeve, then Waterfield sleeves are great...compact, well-fitting, built to last, and unmatched customer service . I've had one for months and my 12" PB shows not a single scratch or dent.