Booq Vyper vs. Incase Neoprene Sleeve for MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ravenvii, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

One is $55, the other is $30. I had a Incase neoprene sleeve for my old iBook G3, and it worked quite well for me.

So I'm wondering, is the Vyper worth the extra $25? I quite like the looks of the sleeve, but I'm not sure if it's worth the cash, or should I just get the Incase one?

I plan to use it to protect my MacBook when I put it in the drawer when I have guests in my room (read: drinking buddies), or when I put it in my backpack. My MacBook stays on the desk most of the time.

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

well i would guess that if the cheaper sleeve worked for you before, it's probably not worth the extra money to get the other one?

that said, haven't i read that the neoprene sleeve has been known to scratch the MBs because of the zipper?

i haven't owned either, so i can only offer up what i've read. i'm going to be buying a vyper for my MB here real soon, though.

3. Acehigh macrumors 6502

I own the Incase sleeve and like it. Brought it since I could buy it direct from the retail apple store. No need to wait for shipping.

Is the Vyper in stock now?

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

yepp.

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Wow - finally! :p

It looks nice in the picture, but I'm curious: do you guys think this "case" is compact enough to slip into a backpack with a few other things in it?

6. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Absolutely. I use it with a Booq BP3 backpack.

7. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Well, I ended up going for the Incase Nylon sleeve. It's what I'm looking for - handles, optional shoulder strap, minimalist, small pocket for other stuff. It looks like a nice bag. I should have it next week.

Thanks guys!