1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2005
    I know their is a seperate thread for this but I am looking for a bit more specific help. I am trying to decide between the Boa.XM and the BP.3 however I am having difficulty finding someone who has used these.

My concern over the BP.3 is that it is the size of a monster and will be too bulky however the Boa.XM I worry will not have enough room. Does anyone who owns or has seen these bags know about this. How much stuff can you carry in them, does it look bulky, not enough room, etc...?
  2. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2005

I recently bought the booqXM for my 12'' ibook and I really like it. I think lots of time was put into the design of the product.

When I first opened the package, I was surprised at how small it was.. and in a way I was a little dissapionted; I wanted something compact but I didn't realize it would be this small. Theres lots of room for accessories but it can only fit one medium size textbook and a clipboard, so if your looking for a real backpack this isn't for you. I don't ussually carry my textbooks around and only a clipboard for notes, its perfect. But if you like carrying your textbooks or binders to work/school then I think it would be better for you to buy the Booq sleave and use whichever backpack/messenger bag you like (I don't like Booq's full size bags because I think they're way too big, its like something I would bring on a camping trip lol)

Anyways, after using the XM, I might buy the sleave as well, that way I can use the XM for just the laptop or if I want to carry more stuff I can use the sleave and another backpack. :D
  3. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    are those the only two you will consider ? otherwise i have other suggestions
  4. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2005
    well I've looked at a bunch and I like those both a lot -- but sure I am always open to more suggestions.
  5. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    well check out radtech's tekmod , they just started shiping it .... www.radtech.us

i have had great experiences with their other products in the past, and my tekmod should be here shortly, if u can wiat, and ill let u know what i think.. as for booqbags, the only experience i had with them was an ipod case which i didnt like at all, dindt even fit the ipod well... i just gave it away... so anywase check it out it looks pretty cool
  6. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2005
    I think I want a backpack and theirs seem to be just as large if not larger as booqbags. I liked the tekmod but I need something I can carry accessories, books, binders perhaps, etc...
  7. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    oh ok sorry, didnt realise... maybe i should have looked at the bags you were considering :p

anywase good luck with the decision, hope you enjoy w.e you get :)
  8. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2004
    Aberdeen, NJ
    rock6079 - Do you have an iBook like you said in another post? I'm asking becasue I really, really, really like the tekmod. I plan on buying a 12" PowerBook before my Junior year, I'm finishing Freshman year now. However, I have a 15" Dell Inspiron now. I've had a lot of service done on it and feel a more protective bag may help. If I get the fullsize model for 15" computers now, how well will the 12" pb fit in it? You have a 12" iBook, correct?

What about http://www.tekstyl.com ... aren't they selling the same bag?