Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perabear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Glen Allen, VA
Every time I try to "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" via Boot Camp Assistant I'm unable to fully do so because after a few minutes a message pops up saying "Can't download Windows Support Software because of a network problem.". So basically my Wi-Fi keeps dropping but any other time it's completely fine. I'm trying to save it to an external drive and own copies of the Windows 7 install disks to install in my Apple USB SuperDrive. I desperately want Windows on my Mac (mainly to run PC games) but clearly I'm at a dead end. At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my specs if they could be of any use:
- 21.5-inch, Late 2012 iMac
- 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB graphics
- 1 TB Fusion Drive storage

Last edited:

steve119

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2012
Scotland, land of the haggis
Every time I try to "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" via Boot Camp Assistant I'm unable to fully do so because after a few minutes a message pops up saying "Can't download Windows Support Software because of a network problem.". So basically my Wi-Fi keeps dropping but any other time it's completely fine. I'm trying to save it to an external drive and own copies of the Windows 7 install disks to install in my Apple USB SuperDrive. I desperately want Windows on my Mac (mainly to run PC games) but clearly I'm at a dead end. At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my specs if they could be of any use:
- 21.5-inch, Late 2012 iMac
- 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB graphics
- 1 TB Fusion Drive storage

Mine kept saying that too, kept saying there was a server problem, just kept perservering though and got most of it to work apart from the nvidia graphics, which I ended up downloading from their site.

MatthewAMEL

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Orlando, FL
Do not download those drivers. There are newer ones in 10.8.3 that also support fusion .

You have been advised.

:)

Just to be clear. It's the updated version of Boot Camp Assistant that properly creates the Boot Camp partition on a Fusion Drive (OEM or DIY).

The Boot Camp drivers for Windows have nothing to do with Fusion Drive.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Just to be clear. It's the updated version of Boot Camp Assistant that properly creates the Boot Camp partition on a Fusion Drive (OEM or DIY).

The Boot Camp drivers for Windows have nothing to do with Fusion Drive.

I never said they did. I said a newer bootcamp that supports fusion is coming out. They also have upgraded drivers.

How's that.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.