Boot Camp Bugs!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by suenification, Apr 6, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Post 'em. I'll start:

Everything works fine, except that xp doesn't detect my speakers and plays the audio through the built-in iMac ones.

2. macrumors regular

Problems installing AIM 5.9. I get this blue screen (not blue screen of death), but its brother. Then the computer jsut restarts. I've done this twice.

-JoE

3. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

From Apple Boot Camp FAQ

Workaround: turn down the speakers to the lowest level, turn up your externals all the way. Hey, it worked for me!

As for the AIM/BSOD thing: yes, there is a bug. Its called Windows.

4. macrumors newbie

you guy witht the AIM problem:
    use www.trillian.cc, thats the better choice, or GAIM for windows! Trust me!

5. macrumors 68000

wPod

a lot of trouble with bluetooth and windows. even after installing the drivers apple provided my BT keyboard randomly decides to pair and un-pair during use. i guess thats why they say a USB keyboard is required!

6. macrumors P6

Peace

Whatever you do do NOT click on the "usb camera" in My Computer.It will give you the BSOD.

7. macrumors 65816

crazycat

I had some problems with the normal apple keybord, i just a windows one now and its fine. I am finding its better to use a logitech keybord with OS X and windows, but there is no optopns for raising or lowering teh volume which is not a bad tradeoff imo.

8. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Yeah I learned the hard way.

9. macrumors newbie

ALaPPleCOREuser

Eject button

I have the same trouble with sound coming from my 20 Inch Imac speaker. It's kind of annoying. Can you guys use the "eject" button on the Apple keyboard? How about the volume (up-down-mute) buttons? I can't get either to work. Everything else seems fine. Now if Apple can put Dell computer out of business or badly hurt them and Gateway . . . I'll be happy. :D

10. macrumors 65816

I double clicked the USB Camera and it just couldn't find the drivers! I find it hilarious that we get such a range of messages - from "Hey, this doesn't work!" to "$£%^&@&&&&". Genius. I love XP.

11. macrumors newbie

Complete failure

Hi,

I just tried to install XP using boot camp on my Intel iMac 20'' and
    it was a disaster. Although I followed the Installation Guide to the letter and boot camp, according to the GUI, successfully partitioned my disk, I only had the C: partition to choose within the Widnows setup. Assuming this is the Widnows partition (stupid me, but following the letter of the Installation guide)) I continued. The rest is disaster: Windows puts itself on top of the Mac OS X partition and I need to reinstall OSX after erasing my hard drive. I made a complete backup before, but it was still annoying.

Either Boot camp did not partition my hard drive even though it claimed to do so or my Windows setup did not recognize the partition. Again, the only partition is recognized was C:, which was the same as for OS X.

12. macrumors 6502a

asherman13

If this happens to us, what should we do?

13. macrumors newbie

Quit the Windows setup immediately and do not continue. Reboot OS X and be happy. I wrote to the feedback e-mail address and will report back in case Apple responds.

14. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Everytime I reboot into OS X. I have to turn off airport then turn it back on in order to have internet access. it is weird.

Also, the time issue which everyone knows about.

Also, when installing call of duty 2. If I do anything, I mean anything other than install COD2 once the game is completed and I load it, then I cannot get out of training. It will not see the potato flying through the doorway for some reason. Weird.

15. macrumors newbie

bad eXPeriences

Windows feature - that's why some 3rd party wireless card mfr's handle all wireless features on their own (at least for 802.11 a/b/g)

All: Disable the iSight in Device Manager - windows auto-detection failure - happened to do the same things with XOM.efi.

Sorry for the "bad eXPeriences" though,
    Tim

TIP: (germanglish translation) When a company reacts to Apple's announcement of implementing their product in the next version of Apple's OS by offering a "free beta" to get people to invest install time into their version and then sell the full version when [Apple's beta expires] for $50.00, one might think Apple Legal could step in to prevent such time investments.

16. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Patch the game. I had this problem on my Athlon 64. Damn potato.

Another way to do it is to go to GameFAQs and get the console codes and have it skip over to the next level.

17. macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

ditto, except with my mbp

18. macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

LOL! That's SOOOOO MS

19. macrumors P6

Peace

It's unfair to say that's MS..It's actually Apple for not making a driver for the USB iSight on XP

20. macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

But it's fair that clicking on an attached device should crash your machine? Sorry, that's all XP.

21. macrumors member

22. macrumors newbie

Everytime I go back and forth between OSX and Windows the internal clock changes the clock time to either 3 hours ahead or 3 hours behind.

Annoying

23. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ha! It worked. Thanks so much, I did not even realize that there was a patch. Now if I can just get people that I shoot in COD 1 to fall when I shoot them, then I will be ok :)

24. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Mouse oddity

I hooked up my USB Logitech Optical Mouse, nothing fancy just a standard mouse, and it works fine in Windows XP. When I restart to Mac OS X, the Bluetooth Mouse Assistant will pop-up, searching for a mouse to use. Any input by my logitech mouse is ignored unless I un-plug it and plug it back in. Then everything works fine, this does not happen if I restart into Mac OS X with my Mighty Mouse attachted though.

It's ok, I'll just have to get used to it. :p

25. macrumors 65816

Apple know about this one. Mine only shifts between an hour...