Boot Camp deleted my files!!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by korki696, Jan 15, 2007.

1. korki696 macrumors newbie

ok i need some help quickly i installed bootcamp and i partitioned my hard drive into to pieces but everything that was on it from the mac got deleted and i needd this stuff what can i do???? someone pls help this is hours of work thats on it
    thanks
    -Korki-

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

More deets..is it like a brand new OSX, is your music collection deleted? Can you still get onto your OSX?

3. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

As another user said, please provide more details. Are you still able to run OS X? How are you trying to access these OS X files? What type of files are you missing?

Also, you may wish to edit your title. "Help!!" gives absolutely no indication what type of problem you are having.

4. korki696 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok yes i can still go on osx and i can go on windows and i did not notice that the files were gone until after i installed windows. the files that are missing are video editing files like final cut studio files
    thanks
    -Korki-

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

So, did anything else get deleted, or was it just some Final Cut files? Maybe something got screwed up when you partitioned the drive with Boot Camp.

6. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Korki,

How many partitions did you have before running bootcamp?

Where were these files located? Where they one the OS X partition?

As the warning states, resizing partitions can screw things up. In the event that your data were lost during the resizing exercise, you can try to recover it with some file recovery software such as this:
    http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue_info.php

I believe that the demo lets you know what can be recovered, and you have to buy the full version in order to recover those files.

7. korki696 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok this was on a seperate hard drive and yes only video editting files are missing
    -Korki-

8. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

they told you to back up important data before running bootcamp.....

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Well when you went partitioning did you make sure you only picked the one partition already created by boot-camp(same size as selected)? You are not suppose to delete any partitions.