Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigblobman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
hello, ive recently downloaded bootcamp for my mac book pro. I've followed the set up and the process. I have my windows cd in when it restarts, it goes through the whole windows setup process. And then, it asks me to put a proof of original windows disk in. But the problem is, i cant get my windows cd to eject for i can put the other cd in? I've tried holding down the eject button next to the right side of the F12 button but it doesnt come out. Is there anyway to eject the cd and continue the windows installion? Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Mac book pro 2.16

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
What is the proof it is asking for?

If its asking for the CD Key just write it down before hand.

If it isn't asking for the CD Key, I have no idea what you're talking about.

bigblobman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
this is when its in dos. Its asking to insert an older version of windows not a cd key. Ive been reading around and ive read threads saying you need service pack 2. Is there anyway to eject the disk an insert an older windows version in order to install windows xp in dos mode during the setup process followed by boot camp?

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Unfortunately you can only install XP with SP2 included on the install disc. If you only have XP you can slipstream SP2

If you're trying to install XP only you won't have any luck so you may have to do a hard restart and eject the cd in OS X.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
Sounds like you're trying to use an upgrade install of windows.

I'm not sure how that would work exactly.

You may find more help in the windows on mac forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.