Boot Camp: How to boot from CD again AFTER Windows is installed?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tolive, Feb 14, 2007.

1. tolive macrumors member

I'm just wondering, if there is any way that I can make my MBP boot from a CD/DVD again after the Windows is installed? I insert a Windows XP/Vista CD/DVD into the DVD slot, reboot the MBP and hold the Option key, this way I can selet to boot from CD/DVD, but then the message shows up: to boot from the CD, press any key... But there is no way to press any key at that time.

No way to bypass that message or mimic a key pressing?

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. tolive thread starter macrumors member

Nice! it works.
    I currently have Windows XP installed on the Boot Camp partition, and I got Vista Upgrade version only, I guess I can try to install a fresh copy of Vista this way. I'll try tomorrow.

4. tolive thread starter macrumors member

One more thing left uncertain: If I boot from the Vista Upgrade DVD this way, will it recognize the Windows XP installed on the Boot Camp partition? if it does, then I suppose I can format the Boot Camp partition again and install a fresh copy of Vista, right?

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah it should see it. but just make sure that you know which parition is which, so you don't mess up the wrong one.