Boot Camp Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Aaron Mayfield, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Aaron Mayfield macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2006
    I recently purchased a MacBook Pro, and I tried running the boot camp assistant to partition the hard drive, burn the drivers and install windows - and although I think I followed the instructions to the letter - the boot camp assistant basically doesn't do just says 'Installation Complete' but didn't do anything...has this happened to anyone else? I've tried to install this about a dozen times with no luck.
  2. strydr macrumors 6502

Mar 25, 2005
    did you install bootcamp, or run it? After installing it, go to /Applications/Utilities. Run the Bootcamp utility, this should prompt you to partition and create drivers. A small tip for you, install XP as a FAT file system, then you can read/write to it from the OSX side. I just did this (last night) on a new MB. If you do this, and you didn't burn the driver disk, just (right click) the bootcamp (in Apps/utilities) app, select view package contents, look in he resources folder, and you'll find the drivers there- now just copy them to the XP hard drive (somewhere you can find them), and boot back to XP. install the drivers, run updates, you're done. Took me about 2 hours last night.