Boot Camp is for chumps

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 4, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Opinion/Interviews
    Link: Boot Camp is for chumps
    Description:: Jim Louderback goes on an anti-mac bender with this tirade. Among other things, he rails against Apple design and questions the intelligence of Mac users.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. Guest

iGary

It's really "AKA" BC? Never heard that, or maybe you just made it up.

Uh....yeah. Red is cool. Much better than brushed aluminum and a luminescent white Apple logo - oh and a lit keyboard. That all is just for the fags.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

And this is just dead sexxay:

[​IMG]
    So, how about mentioning something that runs liks ass because of the graphics...oh, you're just pulling stuff out of your poop chute again.

And he finishes off wih a nice healthy dose of FUD.

What a crap writer and a crap, non-researched article. My thirs-grade nephew could have written better content.

3. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nice..

Uhhh.. this is apple equivalent of an eMachine. Who uses and eMachine for "anything needing fast graphics"?

I declare this dude a FUDtard™.

4. Guest

iGary

Oh, wait, Yeller, you should definitely get 60FPS out of a $600.00 machine, what are you retarded?

This dude is just pissed off because PC's are being rendered obsolete.

Even Rob is ready to switch with the introduction of "BC." (That's the AKA for Boot Camp, in case you are wondeirng.)

5. Moderator emeritus

yellow

LOL. I thought "BC" was for Boob Cups. Silly me! :)

6. macrumors 603

gekko513

Despite your numerous issues with Apple hardware. That's a bit surprising.

7. macrumors P6

Peace

Keep in mind all the old PC World folks like Louderback are paid employees of Ziff-Davis which we all know is a MS propaganda machine.

8. macrumors newbie

My favorite part

Good stuff.

lol

9. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Is this guy actually sane? That is the most irrational bullsh*t I've ever heard ever.

I mean how seriously can Apple have by any stretch have caused the problems he describes?

He's a complete joke, worse than Dorvak.

10. macrumors 65816

me_94501

Want to ruin your credibility? Refer to a product by a major computer manufacturer ad "Boot Chump" and call users of it "suckers."

Someone must really be desperate for site traffic.

11. macrumors 68000

Silencio

"My laptop looks like a racing car!", he says in his best Kirk Van Houten voice.

[​IMG]

Is anyone over the age of 14 supposed to be impressed?

What a bunch of hateful tripe. And this is the type of person who called Mac users "zealots", huh?

12. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hehehe, excellent point.

13. macrumors regular

MS zealots are pissed by BC?

Why?
    Maybe because all switchers have already got their almost mandatory XP license?
    Maybe because Leopard is going way better than Vista?
    Maybe because a Mac is a better PC (Vista won't support EFI)?
    Maybe because a Mac does not follow Redmond's sw views?
    Maybe because we do not need to buy two machines but just an Apple one?
    Maybe because offices can now buy iMacs?
    Maybe because OS X gets updated every year vs every 3 or more years for Win?
    I do not know:
    Maybe because this guy is so lonely that needs some spamming?

Who knows?

I have a feeling Vista is too big a Cathedral for Microsoft ... The structure could collapse :)

I think it is because we can now see with our own eyes the real maintenance costs of Windows...
    On the same machine, same hardware, same person, same policies ... (RCO) real cost of ownership is going to be experienced easily by anybody !

14. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

OMFG! He then links to his own blog. So he admits to everyone one that HE is that idiot. And we're supposed to take the rest of the article seriously? [mencia]"Dee-dee-dee"[/mencina]

15. macrumors 6502

DUCKofD3ATH

It's satire, very weak satire

I expect better from the guy who started the TopFive list and is one of its Hall of Famers. It's not very funny, but who cares?--the hit counters will be ringing "Ka-Ching!" from all the outraged Mac users who'll read the article.

I'm guessing it was deadline time and, since there's not much going on in the PC world except for what Apple's doing, Louderback tossed off this piece in five minutes, submitted it and hustled out of the office in time to make Happy Hour at the local pub.

So it's a win-win for him. He makes his deadline with a stream-of-consciousness opinion piece, PC Mag gets hits galore, and they get to poke a stick at rabid Mac zealots! Even better, they can say afterwards "Sheesh, can't you guys even take a joke?!"

16. war
    macrumors member

a thought

Why is it that if a mac site writes an article like this but against something from the usual combo of MS/PC company then they are some sort of mac zealot. Now that it is a PC company writing this about a mac it is "respectable" reporting and comparison. I just think the double standard is rather amusing. Gheesh, these are the same people that wonder why we get so annoyed at such obvious bias.

17. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Let's hope he doesn't quit his day "job" then..

18. macrumors regular

As soon as I saw this "high class" Acer Ferrari merchandise was being sold through walmart.com I knew the gig was up. Wasn't Acer the company that tried the ugly "shotgun blast" hole design on their greenish gray towers back in the mid-90s? Yeah, there was some style for the likes of Jeff Foxworthy. :p

19. macrumors 6502a

Article not worth the read.

Don't waste your time on this POS. It's the same old crap recycled again. Not a single interesting or original point in the whole steaming turd.

I would have liked to see an article that says that you should use a Mac to run OS X and you are a poor, unfortunate chump if you have to resort to using Boot Camp.

20. macrumors G4

Mord

dammit i just wrote a corrective email to him, the funny thing is that allot of articles are as bad as his to the fact that it does not look like satire.

DAMN YOU dvorak, DAMN YOU.

21. macrumors 6502

Moran

He talks about being ripped off by Apple because its more expensive. Then he states you have to pay a couple hundred extra for Windows. Uh.. yea.. lets see. Buy a Macbook. Might pay a little more .. might not depending on what your comparing it to. Then buy Windows. STILL CHEAPER THAN BUYING AND LUGGING AROUND 2 COMPUTERS IDIOT!

What a fuggin tard.

22. macrumors Core

Dagless

Haven't read the article :) but iGary's first post just said it all. Then the other posts cemented this guys insanity.

I knew you got raving fanboys online but having their work actually published? wow.

23. macrumors member

You can carry this beauty around too! It's only 6.3 lbs for a 15". No hernias there...;) I know someone with an Acer. Trust me, they look BETTER than they actually ARE on the inside.

24. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

If the various brands of PC are so cool why is it that the Apple logo is often covered with tape or photoshopped out when shown in 'product placement' on lots of TV shows like The Nanny, Boston Legal?
    Fortunately you can see the Apple logo on many of the Macs used in the FBI forensics show 'Bones'. I have never seen a PC manufacturers logo covered over or photoshopped out.:D

25. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The reason is that the companies producing these shows expect payment from the companies whose logos they feature on their shows. It's called a product placement fee. Since Apple does not, and has never AFAIK, paid such fees, the producers choose to cover up the Apple logo rather than give Apple free advertising.