boot camp keyboard problems!!!! argh

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by saladrax350, Aug 10, 2006.

1. saladrax350 macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2006
    hi all, i'm a new mac user here and i have just purchased a macbook. since some of my old pc apps demand it, i installed boot camp on my laptop. however i'm getting the most annyong keyboard problems. the most frustrating is that is seems my num lock doesn't function and i can't use my numpad, the caps lock works fine though. the other annoying thing is that my eject key doesn't work. i've installed and uninstalled the driver cd a hundred times over and it still doesnt fix the problem. does anyone else have these issues? please help me out here!! thanks a lot ^_^
  2. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    Are you running XP SP2?? The drivers will not just simply install properly like that if your're running SP1
  3. saladrax350 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2006
    yeah i'm running sp2, plus i think boot camp only supports sp2...
  4. JDM DC2R macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2006
    You may want to refer to for these problems. To save you some time and trouble, there is a program a very wonderful person made out there to re-organize all your keyboard settings so you can use it like how you've used it on mac OS.

there you go. simple fix, and very user-friendly.

However, if you were to use a windows-designed bluetooth keyboard like myself, you'll have to uninstall this program (which is very easy again) and install it again if you were to go mobile w/o a wireless keyboard.

There is the thread where it was taken from.

If you would like to use the backlit keyboard function on your XP MBP.. follow this link