Boot camp on air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Scott6666, Feb 3, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Anyone try boot camp yet?

Would be particularly interested in whether the new drivers for the trackpad support tapping the touchpad to generate a click in windows.

Hope that I don't get too many flames for wanting to have windows on a mac. I can guess what people on this board think of windows. I just have some legacy apps that must run. I'm a die hard tapper so I've avoided getting a MBP because the the tap to click has not yet worked.

2. macrumors 68020

Krevnik

Trackpad support in Windows will be the same as you can get with the MBP/MB as it is the Air. The trackpads are perfectly capable of tapping, but the drivers need to be updated to support it.

3. macrumors newbie

tapping function on mac air

what do you mean by updating the driver? where can i find the update. i just bought the mac air, tapping does not work. i am supposed to have the latest drivers on the system. thanks in advance for helping

4. macrumors 68020

Krevnik

There is no update that anyone here can download.

I was merely mention it is possible, but there would need to be a new update made available to enable it.

5. macrumors newbie

:-(

:-( i misunderstood. and hoped that you had found a way. it is very anoying nto to be able to tap when you know that it just need a driver that apple does yet not provide. lets hope... thanks anyway

6. macrumors 6502