Boot Camp problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Apr 1, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I can't seem to be able to partition my drive using Boot Camp; I was able to produce the Mac Window's Drivers CD no problem, just get an error each time I partition.

[​IMG]

I've closed all open programs and restarted, still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ta.

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I had this problem the first time I installed Boot Camp, back when it was first released. First, perhaps obviously, make sure you have the latest firmware. Then, insert your Tiger Install Disk 1, quit the install, and I think it's under Utilities, open Disk Utility. Repair disk.

That solved the problem for me, so many months ago. Hopefully it will help you, too.

EDIT: Okay, I guess I didn't read the warning close enough. Because OSX didn't tell me I had multiple volumes on the drive. Maybe repairing the disk would still be worth it though, before having to back up and reformat the whole drive?

3. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

How full is your drive, or how long have you been using it. You may need to use a defragmentation program like iDefrag to move your files into a contiguous space. OS X is good at file fragmentation but not Disk fragmentation. It's possible your drive doesn't have 17 gigs of continuous space on the drive to make the partition. iDefrag has a mode to just move files to the front of the drive, I suspect this will solve your problem.

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Had the computer since early February - there is 21GB's free.

I noticed however that I'm allocating Virtual Memory 10GB's though, coukd this could possibly cause a conflict?