boot camp problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mcbogster, Jun 22, 2006.

1. mcbogster macrumors newbie

I have a macbook 2.0.2gb ram and have a 60/40 mac/windows hd split

but when play music via my headphones whilst running xp, sound also comes out of the internal speakers.

it does not do this on the mac partition howevrer

has any one else had this problem

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. Rovman macrumors regular

The windows sound drivers do not support rerouting the sound through specific outputs, so it just outputs it on them all. (ie, it doesn't mute the built in speakers with headphones plugged in). The only fix would be Apple updating the drivers. This is a known problem and mentioned in the BootCamp FAQs

4. mcbogster thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

5. PNguyen macrumors newbie

Please Help!!!!

I just bought an Imac 24" and tried to install Bootcamp. I followed the instruction all the way to Window setup, then it restarted by itself and went to a white screen at start up and it's just stuck there, the window XP CD is still stuck in the CD slot.I can't turn the computer off or do anything to it. Please, somebody help me with this problem.

6. wgrant macrumors newbie

Solution

When you turn the system on, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard during the white bootup screen. This will bring up your bootcamp options screen and let you select between Mac and Windows (otherwise it defaults to Mac I believe). Not sure why it would stick at the white screen, but this should give you the option to select Mac if nothing else. Hope it helps.