Boot Camp software questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cromestant, Apr 27, 2006.

1. cromestant macrumors member

Apr 27, 2006
    Hey guys, i'm new here,
    Just bought my first mac on august ( macmini g4). very nice machine.
    The thing is I love mac, but I'm tied to windows for my job. The question I have is is the boot camp software able to run windows XP with all the hardware running? ( ethernet conection, wifi, bluetooth) or is it just a basic os funcinality and grafics.

THank you
  2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2006
    I installed Boot Camp when it came out, and it's been really great for everything I've needed. If you go to the site ( ) you'll see that Boot Camp has you burn a disk of drivers before installing Windows. Everything has worked wonderfully for me, although strangely, I can get 5 bars with Airport in OSX, but only a "Very Low" or "Low" signal in Windows. Other than that, it's good. At least, as good as Windows can be. The first time back reminds you just how old XP's design is.

Thing is, it only works with the new Intel machines, will NOT work with your Mac mini. However, it's worth the upgrade. I bought a mini last year, as my switcher machine, and upgraded to an Intel iMac in February... you'll be VERY happy with an iMac (and in truth, probably an Intel mini) if you like your G4 mini.
  3. cromestant thread starter macrumors member

Apr 27, 2006
    Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that it will not work on my macmini since it's a g4, but I'm thinking of buying a new laptop, and ( even though the macbook pro is out of my price range) i am considering a mac laptop. Hope they come with an iBook that is cheaper than the macbook pro, but also runs the intel core duo cpu.

Thank you