Boot Camp to Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kermit4161, Feb 16, 2007.

1. kermit4161 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I just got my new iMac in, but my Parallels program didn't come in yet. Would I have any problems if I installed Boot Camp and then migrated over to Parallels when it arrives?

I'm not sure if this would be a good idea or not, but I've got a lot of stuff to do in the XP world and don't really want to wait. However my impatience often gets me into trouble :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Alan

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You would have no problems. If you do not have BootCamp-only things (3D, games etc) then Parallels alone has its advantages - you can suspend the virtual machine, and it only uses the space you need.

Why not download the Parallels trial now, and put your key in when it arrives?

3. kermit4161 thread starter macrumors regular

Now I didn't even think of doing that :) I think I'll sneak in to work on Monday (holiday) and download the trial. I'm sure my copy will arrive before the trial expires.

Thanks!

Alan

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

No problemo...also, if you have purchased the product, I see no moral issue against [/cough] pirating [cough] a serial number if the one you bought has not arrived...