Boot Camp Windows 7 Driver

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kr4yzi3, May 29, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

So there's a problem with my MBP and I sent it to Genius bar a few days ago. They told me I've got some minor liquid damage and agreed to replace some parts of MBP. I just got it back yesterday.

What I notice is everything seems to be normal except for the Windows drivers are missing. I mean they are still there, they still exist in the Control Panel but seems like Windows couldn't detect the hardware. I re-install and everything works normally.

I'm just curious about which part in my MBP's got replaced. Was it the mainboard or something? And if my assumption is right, where exactly all the drivers are loaded since the mainboard is replaced and Windows couldn't detect new hardware with the old drivers? Or is it just because hardware ID's are different???

Thank you very much.

2. macrumors 65816

awer25

Sounds like the HDD. It could be that they replaced the HDD and whatever they used to transfer the data between the old and new drives didn't work perfectly with Bootcamp.

3. macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Yes. Windows sucks at being transferred across machines without being reconfigured.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Even I don't have to pay for the repair. But it is shown that it cost more than a grand. I wonder if an HDD costs that much 8->