Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
Hi all,

Is there any way to get the bootcamp 'boot-disk option menu' to show when i switch my mac on? I know i can get it by pressing-and-holding the 'alt' key, or by directing the boot options using system prefs or control panel, but is there a way to get the menu to show when i switch the machine on?

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Nope, unless you use the rEFIt hack, which modifies the EFI, something which I personally wouldn't recommend, however their are some people here who find it works fine.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
i wont meddle with the EFI if i can help it - i was wondering if it's a hard-to-find option that can be enabled to automatically present the mac user with an immediate choice, that's all :D

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Boot Options

Long-time, big fan of dark red leather myself, but recently saw some rather fantastic bright suede, again in red. Don't go above the knee, it just looks tacky, and watch out for PVC as that needs to be thought through to avoid being tacky too.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2006
Long-time, big fan of dark red leather myself, but recently saw some rather fantastic bright suede, again in red. Don't go above the knee, it just looks tacky, and watch out for PVC as that needs to be thought through to avoid being tacky too.

rofl. comedy gold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.