Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Florida.
So I was using the restore softwares on my computer the other day. (not this one.)
And It tried ejecting one of the disks to let me put in a diff one and I couldnt grab the disk in time and it shot back into the computer. I tried rebooting the computer, and on the start up screen the first thing I see is a picture of a file, with the '?' sign and the macintosh logo flickering on and off inside of the file, and I cant get past that screen. How can I fix this?
Below are pics of the screen, one has the '?' sign, and the other with the mac logo on it.

Mac Logo Below:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8923/dscn2906gu0.jpg

'?' Mark Below:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5170/dscn2907ec1.jpg

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Are you running a PPC machine?

The easiest way to fix whatever you've done (assuming you haven't deleted any partitions) might be to Archive and Install from OS X discs.

If you're running OS 9 the system folder may have to be blessed.

Valak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Florida.
Im on Mac OS X with it, I installed Mac OS X then tried the restore discs and then this catastrophe happened.

Valak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Florida.
Ok heres how I did it, I put in one, and then in said, "Please insert restore disk 2." without quiting the application (which is not supposed to quit). So I did, and then when that was done downloading, it said please insert disk 3, so I clicked eject to get disk 2 out, so it tried ejectiong it, and it didnt come out far enough for me to grab it, and before I could get it, the computer sucked it back in. And then it started to do the start up problem again. So the only way I could eject the disk was to press that tiny eject button near where you put in the disk, and even after ejecting the disk, its still messes up with me.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
There have been four major revisions of the iMac. Can you be very specific about the model you have?

If there aren't any imnportant files on the machine, I'd run the restore discs again. What version of OS X are you using?

Valak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Florida.
All I know about t is that its a Blue See through computer, and the Mac Os X version it is is the 10.0
And I cant get onto the desktop page to find any more specifics, cus I cant get past the boot up page, and I cant find the box for it, cus weve had it awhile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.