bootable cd

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dukebound85, Jul 19, 2006.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Hi, I was able to get windows through my msdn liscense. As a result, I was able to download the install cd that I checked out for my own. Now my queston is how do I make this a bootable cd as opposed to just a data disc. Thanks

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

No its just the files needs to run xp. For example the i386 folder and like 11 more things.

4. evangelion-01 macrumors regular

when i added sp2 to my sp1 windows installation cd i had to open the original disc with isobuster and under track 1 there was a bootable file by microsoft, you gotta rip that and use it with nero to make a bootable cd.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

any idea what the name of the file was? thanks

6. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

If you have an MSDN subscription then one of the MSDN DVDs contains an iso CD image for the Windows XP installer.

7. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea I am able to download it via internet but instead checked out a copy from campus and just copied the files over to another cd. I asked the guy why I wasn't able to download it on my mac and he said it was because I wasn't using explorer as the browser when attempting to download. SInce I have a mac I dont have explorer and hence why I checked it out from campus

8. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

You would need to use a Windows machine to create a bootable disk from the files you have. But it is much, much easier to just grab the bootable .iso file from the MSDN DVD rather than futz with creating a bootable CD.