Bootable OX Tiger for Intel Windows!! Yikes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by California, Aug 30, 2005.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

2. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Cool software Piracy at its best, making money off somebody else's work.

At least this guy stands a chance of getting arrested. :cool:

---

Edit, and the moron is in California -- which means he stands a good chance of being pounced on.

What an idiot, make it easy for Apple to file a lawsuit. [​IMG]

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Can't even spell "sale" right :rolleyes: I really wish people would proof read before posting.

5. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

He was just trying to post quickly before Apple Legal could shut the site down! ;)

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

*EDIT*- Never mind, I don't know what I was saying. Guess I had a "brain fart". :rolleyes: :eek:

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Install on any PC w/ P4 and 256? Thought it had to have SSE something or other. For $45, if this was local pickup, it would be worth it just to try it...but I wouldn't support his piracy.

8. AlephNull macrumors member

Would probably be better to just download it I think.. probably less illegal than actually buying/selling it. And AFAIK SSE has been in Intels since the P3.. but if you mean some kind of motherboard identifying card to let it install (some other wierd acronym), no, I read that Apple decided to forgo that security measure.. and now, even before there exist any Mactels outside of developers, any 3rd grader with a modem can install it on their PC..

9. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I may be misremembering, but I think it requires SSE3, which is only present in later Pentiums.

10. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Actually, a patched tiger dvd for generic pc's was just released less than a week ago. No, it does not require SSE3. It does require at least SSE2 so no P3's or pre A64 AMD's.

11. derbladerunner macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the patched Tiger works on OQOs ?

http://www.oqo.com/

Since OQO uses Transmeta CPU

They just released Model 01+, would be pretty neat to have OS X running in your Palm, literally, instead of Win XP :)

[​IMG]

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

See, now that's kinda cool, but the big-arse task bar and Start button and funny looking icons and... well, Windows in general on that suck. Imagine that in glossy white and running OS X - very noice....

13. derbladerunner macrumors 6502

So, that still leaves my question open :)

Does a patched OS X work on Transmeta X86 processors and more specifically OQO palmtops ?

Anyone :) ?

14. widgetguy macrumors regular

sweet yea it would be nice to have a OS X one nut what would pam users feel like. I know i will be pissed if I just spent all my money on a pda.

15. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Is that you, Myriam?

16. louis_sx macrumors regular

Only if the Transmeta CPU's support at least SSE2, preferably SSE3.

Don't forget kiddies, your nVidia and ATi cards in your PC's use a different ROM than the nVidia and ATi cards in your Mac...that means that when OS X detects something with teh right PCI vendor and such, but the wrong BIOS, look out below because its head will asplode. Check out osx86project.org and check the wiki...there are folks working on hacking nV or ATi drivers for use with OS X but their efforts are making slow progress.

The only graphics acceleration you'll get in OS X is wiht the Intel integrated stuff. So even if you get it running on your l33t gaming box, it'll be like using a Mach64 (beige G3 owners know what this is like...and it sucks!)