Bootcamp and parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by corry20, Oct 10, 2006.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I have parallels on my iMac and I can't install my printer It keeps saying it is connected but doesn't connect.I want to install my DVD Xpress DX2 from ads tech also.Does bootcamp allow usb devices to go on easer than parallels?

2. The General macrumors 601

Boot camp lets you run Windows NATIVELY on your computer. Mac OS X is NOT running when you are running Windows on your Mac with Boot camp.

WINDOWS ON A MAC IS JUST LIKE WINDOWS ON A PC

3. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

So usb 2.0 devices run just like you'r on a pc with bootcamp and with parallels they don't work that way.

4. NJuul macrumors 6502

Your mac is a PC when you boot it into windows. If you have windows drivers for your printer, it will work.

5. Prisma macrumors newbie

Windows Drivers on Intelmac

This is a clear answer, but...
    as I would prefer to use parallels, my question is: do windows drivers for my usb hp-scanner and my minivigor (which are not available for MacOSX-on-IntelMac) work with an parallels istallation, i.e. can I install just any windows driver on a parallels-windowsxp-installation?? do i have to just try it out?
    Thanks for an answer
    Michael

6. The General macrumors 601

Yes, Windows drivers in Parallels. Parallels is a program that simulates a computer that you can install Windows on. Windows in Parallels is just like Windows on a PC. You may need to go to a menu in Parallels to attach the USB device you want to use, but how it will work, I don't know.