Bootcamp + BF2142 demo = broke?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Konradx, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

Anyone try the new demo on bootcamp? I get some sort of directx 9 error, although i have it installed?

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

What Mac are you using? If its a GMA950 equipped one... then it may the card's fault (I think Battlefield 2 refuses to run on a GMA950, so maybe 2142 is the same), otherwise its not bootcamp, once you have WindowsXP installed your mac officially becomes a good looking PC.

I suppose if its not a GMA950 its either a Mac Pro, MacBook Pro or iMac, get new drivers (www.omegadrivers.net, I like these for ATI, no annoying CCC and www.ngohq.com for nvidia) and update to the latest version of DirectX9 which is probably included with the BF 2142 demo but just to be sure.

I had a similar problem with Halo, can't remember how I fixed it though.

I'm downloading the demo to try it on my MacBook Pro now... I have a slow connection so it will take a good 7 hours or so till its finished but will report then :)

3. oligore macrumors member

oligore

4. Konradx thread starter macrumors 6502

Konradx

Im running a 24" with the 7600GT and 1gig ram. And thanks for the link! Im gonna install the newest directx and see what happens!

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Battlefield 2142 is getting a TON of DirectX 9 errors. You're not alone.

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Well it worked on my PC but not on my MBP, I guess DirectX August 2006 must have been installed with some game on my PC which I dont have on my MBP and since my stupid connection is bogus right now I cant download directx, hmm, I think Prey came with DX9 August...

7. amtctt macrumors regular

You probably need the file "d3dx9_29.dll" Everybody needs it to play the new game. if you check out the gamespot website where you can download the demo, it will give you a link to this file and it shows where to put the file, i think you can just dump it into the win32 folder in the system folder, again i think. i'm not on my home comp so i can't look at it, nor can i access gamespot to get a link for ya, but try that. it should work fine. works on my mac pro, don't think i had any issues to speak of, but i only played for about 30 minutes.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Here is the link you refer to. :)

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

All you need is DirectX9 August 2006...

Well I got it up and running on my MBP but I can't tell how the game runs because my connection is still stupid. I can't believe 2142 doesn't have native widescreen support.

10. amtctt macrumors regular

yeah i was pissed about no widescreen support as well, maybe the full version will have it, but probably not.