Bootcamp Help... Again

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Moshiiii, May 10, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Greetings! :D
    I've been chopping away at installing bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. I've got to the point where its downloaded and everything seems to be intact. Although I cannot recieve any internet. When trying to repair my internet I get a TCP/IP problem, but everything is entered correct. I run a DCHP server with two computers and my IP i entered is correct. I beilive my problem is that I havnt installed the ethernet/network driver because when i restart my computer it says new hardware found, i try to download it but it needs a disk to download it off of. I put in the Boocamp Driver CD and it didnt find anything, same thing goes for OSX cd and Windows. Please Help, thanks!

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

When I installed Boot Camp, internet was detected fine... but not the first time. Something apparently went wrong with the first install, because after running the Mac Drivers disk, it said everything was ok, and most things looked okay, but I had issues with the keyboard, and my internet wouldn't connect. After REinstalling Windows, everything worked fine.

And I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue, but... in OSX, I can get 4-5 bars with Airport, internet runs fast and solidly. In XP, I get a "low" or "very low" signal, and internet runs substantially lower. I think it goes without saying that when I boot into Windows, that's all that changes... I don't move my computer to another part of the house or something. Really odd.