Bootcamp: Massive HEADACHE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DMPDX, May 24, 2006.

1. DMPDX macrumors 6502

Hey all,
    I just got a new iMac 20" core duo form another member here on MR. I reinstalled OS X and every update etc. I then installed bootcamp and windows xp pro OEM. Now while in windows the clock looses the date and time everytime I boot into it. And when I go back to os x, it forgets all of my saved info (in safari) and sometimes the time also. Anyone have any idea as to what the h3** isgoing on here??:confused: Im trying to get CS:Source and HL:2 Deathmatch up and running but winodws crashes w/o any notice all the time. help please...
    -dsm

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I installed Boot Camp on my iMac when it came out, and I, too, have the clock issue. Not sure why that is, but it seems pretty irremediable. As for losing Safari information... not sure which Safari info you're "losing" each time you boot into Windows and then back into OSX (it sounds like that's when you lose it.)

So, can't answer the Safari problem, but I know everyone's been plagued by the clock issue. I hate to sync the clock in Windows, because when I boot back to OSX, the time is off there. So I'm content knowing that every time I boot into Windows, the clock is ahead six hours.

As for Windows crashing without notice... isn't that why you went to Apple in the first place? Know it's why I did...

3. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

4. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Yeah, the clock problem is well known. Apple acknowledges it in their PDF instructions for Boot Camp. It's not really a bug, but a difference between how OS X and Windows interacts with the internal clock.

5. DMPDX thread starter macrumors 6502

It's set t that, It just resets it everytime. And yeah I went through the PDF and saw that. I just flat out deleted windows a minute ago.
    And it was when I would go to a website that requires login id and password that ssafari would lose the info. That is why I switched to OS X.
    And also when I clicked on that usb camera in the my computer window it crashed immmediatly. as well when I was finishing up te installation of AIM. Is this crashing do any harm to my computer? A kind of noob question, but im thoughtful towards my baby. haha.
    -dsm

6. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Boot Camp doesn't support iSight which is why your machine crashed when you tried to use it. This is a known issue -- just like the clock -- as stated by Apple.

I would imagine that the Safari problem is something else, totally unrelated to Boot Camp.

7. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Don't know about Safari (I'm at work, so I can't check my iMac right now), but Firefox should work.

Gotta love multiple browsers.

8. DMPDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, As I've delved deeper into the bootcamp manual and discussions here and on apple I have figured these out. But now the safari issue is gone... probably due to the fact that I deleted the entire winodws partition. And I also have the known airport dropping isuue, in os x only. But I dont really even notice it since im using ethernet now (finally). Thank you to everyone who has given me input and advice into the situation.
    -dsm