Bootcamp running PC games

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by WAdams, Sep 5, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I would like to install bootcamp, but I have no form of Windows 7 whatsoever. I have the latest Macbook (not MacBook Pro). Is there any way to install bootcamp without a Windows CD and maybe download the Windows 7 from somewhere. I'd like to play Just Cause 2 on my MacBook.

2. macrumors regular

You cannot install Windows using Boot Camp without a Windows OS Disk. What you can do, however, is download a disk image then burn that to a disk and use that with Bootcamp.
    Your other option, is you're just going to use Windows occassionally is use a virtual computer through Parallels or VM Ware.

3. macrumors newbie

Or stop being cheap and just go buy windows 7.

Yeah yeah it's expensive, find it on sale somewhere and it'll be less than the cost of 2 games. Or buy an OEM copy for even less. I'm sure down the road you'll have more to play than Just Cause 2 and it's good to have a legitimate copy of Windows in case you run into any issues down the road.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

oh

I do have another slow HP Laptop, is there any way I could extract Windows 7 from it?

5. macrumors 65816

If it was a fast laptop, you could extract it, but if it's a slow laptop you can't.

Just kidding, you need a retail windows 7 dvd and license.