Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaspStar75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hi!

I am stuck on the Windows side of a Bootcamp install (Windows 10 / El Capitan).

Even though I have the startup disk set to OS X, along with right-clicking the bootcamp tray icon and 'Restart in OS X...' it keeps booting to Windows.

I am guessing this has something to do with the graphics card I recently installed, because everything worked ok prior to that. It's an Evea GTX980, which does not give me the option to see the boot drives while holding Option while booting.

Thanks!
~TPS

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Try booting to the recovery partition by booting while holding down Command-R. The run repair disk.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I am guessing this has something to do with the graphics card I recently installed, because everything worked ok prior to that. It's an Evea GTX980, which does not give me the option to see the boot drives while holding Option while booting.

You're probably right. I've read several other posts in various forums which say the same thing. You can probably boot back to OS X by powering down and then restart. Not a good way. Do some searching, apparently there is a work around that other Mac Pro users have come up with. Check in the Apple Public Discussion forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.