Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerophreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2015
Hi, I installed my MacBook Pro 15.4" Retina with Windows 8.1 64bit. But now it doesnt detect my AMD GPU and all games dont really run!
I have the latest Bootcamp drivers. When I want to open my AMD Catalyst panel it says it has nothing to configure in an alert prompt and then closes again.

In my device manager list I only find "Micorsoft Basic Display Adapter" under GPU. In "dxdiag" via Execute I also only see the Iris standard GPU but not my AMD... How can I get it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Windows 8, 64bit

My battery mode is on high performance, etc.

zerophreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2015
I have to add, I also can't change the Screen resolution. Always when I want to open AMD Catalyst control it says it has nothing to configure! I tried to reinstall the latest Bootcamp Software I downloaded with the tool but it still doesn't help...

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I have to add, I also can't change the Screen resolution. Always when I want to open AMD Catalyst control it says it has nothing to configure! I tried to reinstall the latest Bootcamp Software I downloaded with the tool but it still doesn't help...

Extract the Boot Camp drivers and locate the AMD Catalyst installer manually to run it.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Do the AMD drivers load on the OS X side? I'm asking in case maybe the hardware is bad, although I doubt that is the case.

jaewon

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have the same issue. Recently purchased a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) and there are no Windows drivers for the AMD Radeon R9 M370X. BootCamp software installs everything but the correct video drivers. I tried a manual install of the drivers and no go. "Windows Basic Display Adapter" is what displays in device manager.

AMD's website is no help either, their latest drivers available for download say that my card is not supported.

zerophreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2015
My solution was downloading a new version of Win 8.1 Pro from Microsoft and then it worked... Maybe my ISO had troubles...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.