Bootcamp, XP + MacBook Pro - Headphones not working?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by satans_banjo, May 17, 2006.

1. satans_banjo macrumors regular

Hi

As the title suggests, I am running Windows XP on a MacBook Pro using Boot Camp. Anyway, the problem is that when I plug headphones into my MacBook, even though the little red light is on in the headphone socket, the sound still comes out of the speakers. So I've got some sort of headphone/speaker sound combo which really isn't useful. Is there any sort of driver update or quick fix I should know about?

Thanks

Satans_Banjo

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Read the Bootcamp FAQ on Apples site.

3. satans_banjo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

I guess my new Sennheiser wireless headphones won't come in handy for CSS for a while now...

4. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Headphones fix

I have a MBP with BootCamp and XP and found this driver to work. Download it while booted in XP and install it. The only drawback is that it won't allow you to switch between the built-in speakers and the headphones.

I repeat, installing this will activate only the headphone port for plugging in headphones or external speakers.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...All&OSFullName=All+Operating+Systems&lang=eng

5. satans_banjo thread starter macrumors regular