Booting in OS9

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Caspa, May 8, 2003.

1. Caspa macrumors member

Just got my first OS X system - a PB12... and I was wondering, Is there a way just for curiousity's sake to boot the computer completely into OS9 and not load OS X at all? Is it do able or can I only load it when i open an os 9 app.

Thanks

2. Caspa thread starter macrumors member

Also another quick question... Am I able to completely delete the "Applications (OS 9)" folder from my system considering I don't use anything it? Or does OS9 depend on it?

3. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

you cannot boot into OS9 on a 12 inch powerbook. You can delete the applications folder for os9, but its not very big and i would recommend leaving it. it isnt hurting anything. but os 9 wont work on a 12 or 17 powerbook.

also you can start up classic in system preferences, you cen even configure it to auto load classic when you boot into X.
    so you dont have to open an app, it can be done in system prefs.

4. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

classic runs like a drunk, lame dog - avoid it at all costs! Shame these newer machines won't boot into OS9. Oh yeah, just a quickie - is there a shortcut key to boot into 9? I know you can use 'x' to boot into x when you've been in 9.

5. trive macrumors member

if you have os 9 installed on a different partition just press OPTION (alt) at startup....