Bootup problem (frontrow enabler)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DKZ, Oct 6, 2006.

1. DKZ macrumors member

Hello

Today I noticed frontrow wasn't working on my 12" ibook, so I tried som different things, including reinstalling with pacifist, at last I tried the frontrow enabler, that came with frontrow 1.2.1, and I enable frontrow, and it asks me to log out, but as I do it hangs, the spinning things comes for a short time, and then dissapeas again, I reboot, and it does the same thing, now I won't boot properly. What can I do?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Boot from your CD do a drive verify (or repair) and then uninstall FrontRow. It isn't meant to run on iBooks anyway.

3. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

don't steal software.

4. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

ya ya I know, I learned my lesson.

It won't boot in safe mode either.

How do I do the thing with the cd's, I don't have my own with me, only my dads for his imac G5, will that do? And I tried looking around, and couldn't find a place to acces the hdd.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Wow..

Sounds to me like not only did you put software on it that you're not supposed to have but you also put an O/S on it that you don't own.

6. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

Jesus christ.

Not that it is any of your bussiness but I can assure you that I have a valid copy of tiger, my ibook is only about 4 months old, so it came with it.

Now I realize that frontrow shouldn't have been on my mac, and that I have no one else to blame for this then my self, but could you please just stop with the lecturing and either help or just go see someones elses thread?

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

DKZ relax man, just consider this how people on this board react to things like this. And good luck if you don't get warned as is. If it isn't a legal option then you can expect to get a lot of flack for it.

As for your computer, you're kinda on your own. Boot off of your CD by restarting and holding down 'C'.

8. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

Ya people are all saints.

Oh well, I actually figured it out for myself, I used my dads mac to extract the two bezel files from the 10.4.8 combo update, and with my ipod and terminal via booting with the cd, I got the files replaced and now it works.

And thanks for your help, it spurred me on to the right path. Cheers