Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
http://www.aspyr.com/games/borderlands-2

:D

I am surprised they got this versus Feral though.

Seeing that Aspyr did Duke Nukem for 2k/gearbox i'm not surprised that Aspyr got it.

The game has been listed under Mac in steam for a little while and listed under http://www.aspyr.com/games/tags?tag=Steam . hopefully this mean that it will be steam play and not the mac only multi played Black ops is.

It's not listed under Mac App Store on Aspyr: http://www.aspyr.com/games/tags?tag=Mac+App

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Its a steam play title, had this confirmed by an Aspyr representative.

It also says if you click on "read more"; Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
I use steam on bootcamp. I tried it on OS X but it never worked well. Does it now work well on OS X? Just wondering. :)

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Hard to tell since it hasn´t been released yet:p

Borderlands 1 worked/performed really well on my mid-2011 iMac, but it was ported by Feral and not Aspyr. Not that thats any worry because I´ve had no problems what so ever with their ports. So it´ll most likely run great depending on what kind of mac you have. It won´t run better than it does on Windows but i reckon it will be close.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
This is SteamPlay and all Multiplayer will be all BL2 players, PC & Mac. The current DLC will also be available for launch. If you pre-order from GameAgent you some premier club stuff free.

It also supports a lot of graphics cards, unlike Black Ops, so people should be happy.

System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
CPU Speed: 2.2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8800
Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard

Supported Video Cards:
NVIDIA GeForce® 8800, GT 120, 320M, 330M, 650M
ATI Radeon HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6630, HD 6490, HD 6750, HD 6770, HD 6970
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 4000
Gamepad support: Borderlands 2 supports the Xbox 360 wired gamepad only.

Recommended System Requirements
CPU Processor: Intel Quad Core
CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Memory (VRam): 512MB
*Apple original CPU's only, CPU upgrades not supported.

Last edited:

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
If you click on "READ MORE", it looks like it's going to be available November 20th?

Will be interesting to see how it performs, and what bugs exist.

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Yeah, it´ll be out on the 20th of November, and Aspyr tends to keep quiet right up to a couple of weeks before they release a new port. I bet its going to be a good porting job, allthough there are some reported performance issues regarding the windows version.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Hopefully this port will become great.
The work Aspyr did on Duke Nukem was very good. The game runs flawless maxed, although I never finished the game because it really got dull, but you can hardly blame Aspyr for that.

I haven't bought Black Ops, but I've heard mixed feedback on the performance on macs.

I hope Aspyr gets the finances they need and I'm gladly support them, but when games are released on PC I often preorder or buy at release, because I never know when a Mac version is available. Needles to say, I'd happily buy them as a Mac user if available, but when you don't hear anything about a mac port until after release chanties that I already bought the PC version is there.

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
I was very exited to hear the news yesterday! I have been wanting to play this game since it launched on PC but didn't have time to try it on my bootcamp partition.

I was VERY impressed to hear the game is coming so "fast" to the mac. I mean, 2 months after the original release is more than respectable, hope we will see it more often!

Good work Aspyr!

labars

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
I use steam on bootcamp. I tried it on OS X but it never worked well. Does it now work well on OS X? Just wondering. :)
Steam might just be in competition for the worst application ever written for OS X. A shame since they have a lot of great games.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
its been on steam for a while - was leaked a week or two ago. ;)

I can 'download' it on my Mac.

All i get is a very OSX icon and no app.

This is going to be great but those system requirements are optimistic.

IMO will not run well on less then a 650m. The first game was ported well but ran like ass on my 15 MBP with 6770m I just could not get the frame rate as smooth as in bootcamp. And it was a slideshow on HD3000.

Maybe Aspyr has some magic to make BL2 run better.

tredstone

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
The first one runs rather brutally at 1280x720 res with mostly high settings on my 2011 Mini with a discrete GPU, so I'm not too optimistic about how this will run...

arashb

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2009

Steam works perfectly for me, games runs almost just as good on OS X as they do on Windows side for me.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Steam works perfectly for me, games runs almost just as good on OS X as they do on Windows side for me.

Hmm.."Almost just as good as they do on Windows" doesn't work for me.
Thanks for the input though. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.