Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyxdz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
http://digitalbattle.com/borderlands-2-system-requirements/

thats the link to the system requirements and recommended for borderlands 2 coming out in a few months. I want to buy it for pc but want to make sure i can run it well on my mbp before i waste the $60.

i have the 2011 mbp 15" 8gb ram, quadcore, radeon hd6750m.

someone please help me to figure out how well i will be able to run this.:)

(will be using bootcamp)

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Borderlands 2 system requirements will be similar to the first game, since it’s built on the same game engine — Unreal Engine 3. Borderlands 2 will feature the same cell-shaded style, which isn’t as requiring as the more common “realistic” style. However, it’s been confirmed that the game will feature improved visuals compared to its predecessor, despite being built on the same engine. Safe to say, if your PC ran the first Borderlands game, there’s a big change it’ll run Borderlands 2 just fine, if not better.

From the article you posted, the game will run very good.

It seems that games run better and better every year :) Mass Effect3 runs better than Mass Effect 1, etc ..

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
Wanna bump this thread. I have _almost_ the same machine but mine is a 15" early 2011 mbpro with 16GB RAM and the hi-res, 1680x1050 screen. How bad is 35 FPS??? Maybe I should fire up RAGE again and see...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.